Friday, September 28, 2012

Favorites of Fall!

Austin displaying his rainbow.
We have been working on addition strategies in math this week.  We have learned to count on with 1, 2, and 3 starting from the bigger number.  We also will be working with combinations of numbers that make 10.  You will have seen the lovely 10's rainbow that they painted earlier in the week.  This will help them learn their ten's facts.  Hang it somewhere that you can reference it.  10 is such an important number in math!  If they can remember the numbers that make 10, it will make adding a lot easier for them.
Every morning we have a morning meeting.  Today Makayla and Ellie wrote the morning message.  On Fridays and Mondays we share something new or exciting in our lives.  Mason is sharing what his family plans are for the weekend.  

Today we are going to start homework bags.  These bags will come home once and a while.  Keep them for a week.  Do what fits your family's needs and then send it back.  If you could replace any damaged or lost items I would greatly appreciate it.  I put a LOT of time and money into these and want to continue to use them.  Research shows that family involvement makes a significant difference in a child's education!  This is a fun way for you to get involved at home.  Remember, you do not need to do every activity.  Some bags have a lot of activities and some have less.  Have fun with them!



Next week we will be starting to get the laptop carts if things are up and running (they had to update all of the computers).   During small group time the students will be using RAZ-Kids.  Here is the website: raz-kids.com


We would like to share our favorite things about fall (we are working on complete sentences)

Vincent: I like jumping into the leaves!

Leah: I like to rake and jump into the leaves.  

Jason:  I like to help my grandma make a campfire.

Daniel:  I like jumping into the leaves.

Emme: I like to jump in the leaves at my grandma's house.  My grandpa makes it into a slip and slide!

Audrey:  I like trick or treating.

Jada: We get to go trick or treating tonight!

Will:  I am going to get my costume TODAY!!!

Makayla: I like climbing the trees!

Summer: I like to jump in the leaves and climb the trees.

Ellie:  I like to run and jump in the leaves!

Ava:  I like to make leaf piles so I can jump in them. 

Jack:  I like football!

Mason:  I like to drive my four wheeler.

Major:  I like going trick or treating.

Kal:  I like the leaves falling down and making big piles.

Lilly:  I like the colorful leaves.

Joey:  I like to pick out our Halloween costumes.

Deborah:  I like making leaf piles and picking out my costume.

Austin:  I like my new costume and trick or treating.

Anika: I like trick or treating!

Abigal: I love climbing the trees!



My husband, Will, figured out how to add a comment to the blog.  (Remember this is a new adventure for me too).  If you would like to comment on your favorite family activity for the fall, we would love to hear them.  Encourage grandparents, aunts, uncles, and family friends.  It would make the kids so proud to share that with the class.   You have to use a gmail account to do so.  It walks you through the process when you click on comment.  Enjoy the warm weekend!  Sara

2 comments:

  1. Our family really enjoys football. Jack's older brothers both play football in Elk River and our family has season tickets to the Gopher football games. Jack is a huge fan and always dresses to show his team spirit. We even get together with our extended family to watch football games. Tonight we will go to the Elk River homecoming football game.

    ReplyDelete